June 7 - Drink, June 8 - TBD, June 9 - Your View Today, A new camera lens & game plan

I see a familiar pattern occurring here, one where I commit to doing a monthly photo blog and then I get about a week in and then I just stop doing it.

NOT THIS TIME!

I have a valid reason (maybe not) for the delay of the last few posts - I BROKE MY CAMERA LENS!! It's not a secret that I'm accident prone and things in my possession tend to break - objects not people just to clarify, that could be bad for my future career. ANYWAYS I have handled my new camera so carefully and then on Thursday I went outside to take some pictures of the impending storm, placed my camera onto my car seat, and then .... it fell off. It wasn't even a far drop I just think the way that it landed was the exact way to mess something up with my lens.

Good news,

I ordered a new one.

Bad news (kinda),

It's a telephoto lens which is great for far away shots but not the best for closer shots. So my game plan is to bring in my current lens to Bell Arte Camera down the road from my house and hopefully get that one fixed and then have two lenses ... official right? It makes me look more like a photographer and less like a clumsy fool.

Here's the plan with the photo a day thing;
I will post the pictures for June 7 and June 9th on this blog and then post June 8 (as it's too late to take a six-o-clock shot) and June 10 and carry on as normal tomorrow!

June 7 - Drink 
On Thursday Calla and I had a "Calla/Kim Day" at the splash pad at Gage park - though I wouldn't recommend drinking the water I got some pretty cool shots and decided to incorporate them into the "drink" theme of June 7!
Side Note - these are some of the last photos my lens as I bought it took - RIP lens...






June 9 - My View Today 
This is more of a "my view now" type deal - which is me, sitting in bed, blogging!





Hope you all have a good weekend!
Leave a comment maybe?! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The good, the bad, the deported.

All You Need is Love - and Air Conditioning.

BALI BALI BALI . . . and stuff