Study Break

How was the last time I posted on here in JULY?! IT IS OCTOBER? And so is the theme of my life.

Update:

I am in my THIRD YEAR of school....year three. It just feels more official now, when I was in level 2 and I would go to clinical I felt like I needed to be babysat because I didn't know anything. Level 3 is a whole different ball game, the expectations are higher and so is the responsibility and that foggy dim view of myself as an RN is now less foggy and more clear. I am beginning to feel it.

I fit.

This is it.

This is what I get to do for the rest of my life (give or take a few years) and I can't wait.

I cant wait, yet I am terrified. In a year and a half I am going to be solely responsible for people in the most vulnerable time of their life. That is a big deal and not one I am going to take lightly. Having the opportunity to work at St. Joe's this summer really motivated me to do well this year. Not that I haven't tried my hardest in the last two years - it's just different now - there are faces attached to the diseases I am learning about, there is experience behind the diagnosis.

And so ends this blog, I have to get back to the books (midterm tomorrow) YAY




Comments

Andrea said…
That reality is starting to hit me too...as I will be a nurse (woah) responsible for people in like...3 months. Really crazy. You can do it...keep pressing on. :)

Popular posts from this blog

The good, the bad, the deported.

All You Need is Love - and Air Conditioning.

BALI BALI BALI . . . and stuff