The good, the bad, the deported.

Well there has been an interesting turn of events in my life lately. When I moved here there were some complications with my Visa that I found out about around week 2, so I always knew that this might happen - but I also know that the Indonesian government changes laws every other day so the chances that I would get my full visa and be able to stay here for a year where equally as possible. Basically right now I am on a training visa which is a 30 day visa that can only be extended a maximum of 6 times. Mine has now been extended 4 times. In order to get my full visa I need to apply for my kitosk which is basically my Indonesian citizenship, unfortunately the government recently put up strict restrictions about foreigners who can get this kitosk, the government doesn't believe that I am qualified enough and has kept rejecting my visa application. Recently some English teachers from another prominent English school in Surabaya got caught with drugs, which is a HUGE HUGE deal here in Indonesia - death penalty huge - therefore causing the government to up their restrictions even more, which just finalized that my journey in Indonesia is being cut short. My last extension is good until July 5 - so I have to leave before that date. My immediate plans are to finish up this semester - help out with loose ends in June so to work my 1 extra month that I can and then head off to Australia for 2-4 weeks (finances depending). Then come back home.

My roommate asked me how I feel about all of this - and to be honest I am not quite sure. I am heartbroken that I have to leave this country because I love living here and have gotten quite adjusted to the culture and flow of this city. At the same time I am excited to come home and see my family and friends after (well in August) six months. And really my experience working at the school I have been hasn't been the greatest. I will miss all the people I work with and my kids don't get me wrong, but there are other things that I won't miss. I also feel excited for what new adventure I have coming my way. This is not the end of my travelling - the bug has bitten and I don't think I am going to stay too comfortable in Canada for too long. I have already updated the resume and have started sending it to recruitment agencies around the world hoping for another teaching position. I have been focusing mostly on Central America but really I would go anywhere (almost anywhere) at this point. All I can say is BRING IT

Love from (not too much longer) Indo
Kim

We are aware that we are crazy

Comments

I am so excited about your trip to Australia. I am also jealous of your free spirit. You are doing everything I want to but can't just leave everything here to do it.
Love youuu!!!
kimvoortman said…
I love you too Lisa, one day we will marry rich and travel the world!!
Andie said…
Be so proud of your accomplishments!! Look how young you are and your experiences!! If you are looking to stay off of this continent, Look to Kenya, you will never be the same!!! They are a sponge for knowledge!! Spread the word, Knowledge is Power!!

Popular posts from this blog

All You Need is Love - and Air Conditioning.

BALI BALI BALI . . . and stuff