From Australia With Love.

So my time in Indonesia is over, and I am in Australia. I have wanted to come here since I was 13, so a ten year dream - and I am finally here. I don't think it has really set in yet. I got here on July 2, my flight went really well there were no problems. I got the third degree at the Australian immigration when I arrived which I wasn't expecting but it all worked out good.
For the next little while I am staying in Adelaide with my friend Lachie, then I am going to head up to the Gold Coast to visit my friend Jess and then most likely head up to Sydney for a couple of days then head home.

It is a bit weird being surrounded by English speaking tall white people again. I was a little overwhelmed my first day here being able to read signs, people driving like people should, the temperature change and the lack of sleep the night before definitely had an impact on that feeling.

Adelaide is nice, it is a quiet city that has a little bit of a suburb feel and a little bit of a city feel. There isn't much to do and in my two days here we have pretty much done it all. The first night here I stayed up to watch the Netherlands DESTROY Brazil, by the time I had gotten to bed I had been awake for roughly 25 hours so I slept like a rock my first night here. My second night we went to a footy game, which is only played in Australia. It is a combination of soccer, football and rugby. It was a lot of fun to watch. Yesterday we went to the Barossa Wine valley and we went on a wine tour, I realized that I am more partial to sweet wines as I don't have a "mature" pallet, the setting of the wine vineyards is beautiful and I got some really good pictures, which I will upload to facebook in a bit when I get around to it.

The thing I wasn't expecting coming here was the temperature, it is winter here now and I knew that it was going to be cold, but I didn't think it was going to be THIS cold. IT is 5ish degrees at night and reaches about 10 - 15ish degrees during the day. I do not have adequate clothing for this type of temperature and layering clothes has become my new fashion style. And in Australia they don't have central heating so it is actually colder in the house then it is outside.

I miss Indonesia, I miss my friends and I miss the heat but I am excited for my adventure in Aus. I don't have an address, cellphone or job, I am living out of my suitcase and I couldn't be happier about it.

Love from Aus
Kim

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The good, the bad, the deported.

All You Need is Love - and Air Conditioning.

BALI BALI BALI . . . and stuff