A Tradition

 I can't believe it has only be two years since I wrote you that initial valentines day post, so much has changed between then and today. 

We are now married and we are about to have a baby.  I don't update the blog as often because now I get to tell you in person that I love you every day. 

I wanted to take time today to just acknowledge how amazing you have been the last 7 months while I've been pregnant. I truly could not have gotten through these days without you. It's no secret to you that this pregnancy thing sucks and you've walked along all my dry heaving, hurling, complaining and misery so well and have loved me so well through it all. 

It used to annoy me when people would say " we are pregnant" but I totally get it now. Yes I am doing all of the physical work of growing this tiny human but you have gone over and above taking care of me. I don't think I would have eaten one home cooked meal this entire time if it wasn't for you. We have sacrificed a lot of the intimate moments in our marriage because our son already likes to cock-block you, Coba must have given him tips early on. (I really hope you're still the only one who reads this) so I know you've carried a weight the last 7 months as well. 

I love the life we have created together, yes even our collection of kitchen tongs. I love that it still feels like  a slumber party with my best friend when we have evenings off together - even if I sleep in the guest room. 

Falling in love, getting engaged, moving across the country together and getting married have felt like a blur in the best way but I am most excited to be a parent with you. I can't wait to see who our boy looks like, I can't wait to see which qualities of yours he has and which qualities of mine he carries, I truly hope he gets the best of both us. 


Happy Valentines day, I hope we get 100 more together. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All You Need is Love - and Air Conditioning.

The good, the bad, the deported.

BALI BALI BALI . . . and stuff