I Have a Confession


I had to Google the matrix to know if I wanted to take the red pill or the blue pill during one of our quizzes. I saw the matrix a million years ago and literally the only thing I remember is that Keanu Reeves was in it. 


When I read the definitions I think I would have answered the question differently 3 months ago. I would of happily taken the blue pill and lived in a content ignorance, a sort of sedated approach to life. 


Not now. 


Give me the red pill, give me the uncertain future and awareness. 


I want to be fully aware of all this, this new joy and peace I’ve found with you. This sense of home (even as I move 3,900 kms away) that I feel with you, even if we are just on FaceTime and text messages right now. 



I’ve always prided myself on not needing a better half or someone to complete me. I’m so glad I’ve taken the time over the last four years to really work on myself aside from you, it’s made me a better person to be the best partner I can be in our life. 


I’m glad we can come together as two whole people and create and life and a family that is ours. 


It felt easier to be alone, it supports the false narrative I’ve told myself my entire adult life. Thank you for interrupting that narrative for being a louder voice for love, beauty and acceptance that has completely shifted my mindset 


I love that you’ve anticipated my needs and cared for me in BC from Ontario   I want to tell everyone how lucky I am and how proud I am to be with you. 


I am going to try my best to document more here on this blog, not for anyone else but just for us. 


I love writing our story. 


It’s a good one. 


56 more days. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All You Need is Love - and Air Conditioning.

The good, the bad, the deported.

BALI BALI BALI . . . and stuff