June 5 - Sign (A.K.A My Afternoon at Gage Park) Disclaimer: There is more than one photo but it's my blog so I can do whatever I want - I can even make this title ridiculously long

First let me start off by saying, I apologize for the long title - I got carried away.

Second, I took more than one picture and this blog post will be longer than most - but Gage park is so great and holds so much so close to my heart that I couldn't just take one picture - SO THERE!
(There were a lot of "so's" in that last sentence)

The official June 5 picture - Sign
Eucharist started almost two years ago in a small building just adjacent to Gage park, I think before coming to Eucharist I had only heard about Gage park I had never actually been there - being someone who lived in middle of nowhere Lynden I would be the first person to state my hesitation about downtown and take a strong stand on (fill in cliche downtown comment here). Then Eucharist happened and we met every Sunday in this really cool space.

Eucharist's first building - took this picture from the park
I had a good chance to really reflect on my life since Eucharist first met at that building - I lived in Lynden, I had a bad knee, I wasn't in school, I wasn't sure about the whole being a Christian attending church thing, I barely knew the lay out of Gage park...

It's a pretty amazing park
When Eucharist held the blessing of the bikes event last summer we were supposed to meet at the band shell and I remember before leaving my house being anxious because I didn't know where the band shell was, I didn't know where to park and I didn't want to spend my whole afternoon wandering aimlessly around the park - I obviously didn't know how big/small Gage park is.

Bandshell 
It's amazing to look back and note that now; I live downtown, I LOVE downtown, Eucharist has moved to a bigger building, I have a new knee, I am entering my second year of university, I am more in love with Jesus and have one of the best walks in my faith since...well, ever, I have cut out unhealthy relationships and embraced the new ones, I know how big Gage park is since starting to run/walk there every day, and I know where the bandshell is :) 

God is good.

I took a few more (well 51 to be exact but I won't add ALL of them) pictures this afternoon - here they are! 

Beautiful grounds 

I love the gardens! 


Cool Tree 



I feel like a letter to city hall may have worked just as well



Greenhouses I was going to go in and take pictures but I was in sweatpants and a hoodie and didn't want to risk overheating 

Gage Park is "vintage" - a PAY PHONE!

I asked these men if I could take a picture of them playing cards - our conversation went like this
Me: "Hi, do you mind if I take your picture?"
Them - no response, the didn't hear me - so I asked again
Them "Huh, uh ya ok I guess, should we smile?"
Me: "Do whatever you would like!"
Them: "I can't wait to be in the paper"
Me: "Oh, sorry this isn't for the paper its just for my blog."
Them: "Blog? What paper is that?"
Me: "It's on the internet"
Them: "Oh, ok"
AS I was walking away I heard one of them say "I hope it's in tomorrows paper, I'm winning!"






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All You Need is Love - and Air Conditioning.

The good, the bad, the deported.

BALI BALI BALI . . . and stuff