Everybody Should Watch This

This video made me cry for a couple reasons. One being I am a stress ball right now and that generally makes me emotional. Second, this is a really cool story, I fell in love with this 9 year determined little boy who is filled with creativity, a kind heart, and an interesting business approach (1$ for four plays or 2$ for 500), who even though only had ONE costumer would sit there every weekend, didn't care that peers at school made fun of him, and exhibited a patience and kindess that many in our world could take an example from.

But,

The thing that made me cry the most was his dad, here is a parent who is encouraging while teaching his son the value of hard work. A parent who allows their child's creativity to blossom and grow and in the process bring joy to others.  I don't know of many parents who would let their child set up a cardboard arcaded outside of their store, many would probably talk their children out of such a venture. Not once did I hear any condescending tones in his fathers voice, I only heard pride and love. Never did he mention how he asked Cain to maybe take down the arcade because he only had one customer. Never once did he mention how allowing all these people to come and play at the arcade would boost his business.

This is a beautiful story.

My favourite part is how Cain sits behind the machine and pushes out the ticket.

This is a reminder to me to not look down or squash what may at the time seem meaningless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All You Need is Love - and Air Conditioning.

The good, the bad, the deported.

BALI BALI BALI . . . and stuff