February 4: A Stranger

Initially I had a really grand idea for this post, but then I also realized how much homework I have to do and that original plan didn't happen.

Earlier this afternoon I headed to the Cannon and it was full of "strangers" which makes me really happy for Anne and Cindy, because it means that people are supporting them as a local business and not just supporting them as friends (which is a good thing to do don't get me wrong). So I snapped a quick instagram photo of all the "strangers" enjoying this amazing installment to downtown hamilton. I used my phone today because it is a little more inconspicuous than lugging around my Nikon.



I also met the girls behind the blog Beaux-Mondes which sheds a much needed creative light onto local businesses in Hamilton. I love meeting people who have a love and a passion for this city - because it is needed. Hamilton especially downtown always gets shit on and I - for some reason - take it really personally, because I know how great this city is, I see the potential, I have met the people. Which brings me to this point:

"A stranger"

There are so many people in Hamilton who need to be noticed, who need someone to make eye contact with them and just smile - acknowledge that they are seen and they are valued. So if you want to do something this week - smile at a stranger.

P.S I met Amanda at the Cannon (click her name to follow her on twitter). She loves Hamilton and is also doing this little February photo kick as well. Click HERE for her tumblr!

That's all folks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The good, the bad, the deported.

All You Need is Love - and Air Conditioning.

BALI BALI BALI . . . and stuff