Pictures etc. . .

I haven't really done a "good" blog for awhile, I haven't had time. School gets busier an busier every day and I don't really see an end in sight, I feel like no matter how much work I do there is still more. On the plus side, I love it, and I am really excited to reach that end goal. I just wish I had time to incorporate more things, I really miss spending valuable time with friends.

Things on the dieting front are going really good, it has been three weeks and I am pretty happy with the progress I have made so far. To date I have lost 10 pounds and I am really proud of myself. My total mindset around food has changed and I am seeing results. This week was really the first time I noticed an actual physical change. There have been some moments where I just wanted to throw in the towel, make up some excuse as to why I don't need to lose weight (it's winter, I may need the fat to stay warm), and go eat a chocolate cake. It has been really great doing it with Anne, it is nice to not be the only one in the house dieting and it makes this whole process a lot easier. When I would try to lose weight/diet when I lived with my parents I would be the only one doing it, it really sucked to sit at the dinner table with a piece of salmon and some broccli while watching the others in my family wolf down ribs and mashed potatoes. I am finally doing this for ME, I am the one who has got me to this weight, I am the one that is going to get me as far away from a certain number on the scale as I can.

Earlier on in this process I was struggling a lot  - to accept the fact that I need to lose weight is to accept the fact that I'm fat. It was a hard thing to really deal with, I mean I knew it - I know what I look like and I am SO done with wearing hoodies all year round because I'm insecure. SO OVER IT. The feeling of looking and feeling great is a MUCH better feeling then the five second satisfaction that comes with eating something totally awful for you. And one thing I never thought to do, was pray about it.

Bring it to God.

It seemed like such a silly thing to pray about, I felt like I was being vein. Not the case, God created me obviously he wants me to be healthy and to feel good about myself, in loving myself I will be able to love others so much deeper.  Every time I have a craving or just want to eat my emotions I pray instead - I turn my attention away from the idol and focus it on God.

And now this,

I got a new-to-me camera for Christmas and I haven't had a TON of time, but I have taken some pictures, mostly of Calla because I see her everyday, that and she's so stinkin cute.
Her middle name is Joy - Enough said                            




Look at those eyes

Detour's Roast
 




The Cannon 


Sushi with friends 



Ya,  I know, so cute.
Sunset 









           



"Helped" Mikhail with a thing he had to do for school, I am pretty proud of this shot. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The good, the bad, the deported.

All You Need is Love - and Air Conditioning.

BALI BALI BALI . . . and stuff