The Eb and Flow Of a Nursing Student

I wish I could pour my WHOLE heart, mind, body and soul into school - that is how much I love it and it would be easier to focus on that then other things. But, I can't. Other things need my attention, life continues on outside the library walls where I so often sit.

I have friends, friends who I love. I have friends who have their lives together and I have friends who are deeply hurt by things and people around them. I have friends who are about to go on a journey that is difficult that may not have a positive end for those around them.

I am Kim, the nursing student. The girl who is becoming a nurse partly because of my all time life goal but mostly because I am an empathetic person - because of that empathy when my friends hurt I hurt with them and sometimes that hurt is overwhelming, confusing and frustrating. It is frustrating as a person who would take all that hurt away in a second if I could, yet I can't.

And that sucks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The good, the bad, the deported.

All You Need is Love - and Air Conditioning.

BALI BALI BALI . . . and stuff