Amazed

I was feeling a bit frustrated and down this morning when I woke up - no reason in particular I think I am just a tad overwhelmed with school (yes I know it has been two weeks). People aren't kidding when they say that nursing is a lot of work - oy.

Then

I met my friend Amanda and we worked out this morning, nothing intense, but it was great to get out of the house, do something that is good for me and chat with Amanda.

Then

Driving home I was feeling disappointed in myself that I still haven't been doing my devotions as much as I like to (Which would be daily). Just feeling a bit far from God - which I know isn't possible since He is always around, just for myself, feeling a bit disconnected.

Then

I got home and settled in to re-watch my anatomy lectures since they fly through them during class and I usually miss half of the important stuff.

Then

God became close, through my lecture, God was here...I am AMAZED at the detail of the human body and I was finding myself thanking God for his ability - I mean, He is responsible for how we are created. The verse "you knit me together in my mothers womb" takes on a whole new meaning when studying anatomy. God didn't just knit together a simple blanket -  God knitted the most intricate, beautiful, wonderfully detailed quilt that is creation, that is you and I.

For example,

God created body cavities, that contain a special fluid which is used as a buffer for those organs that move around (heart, lungs etc...) in order to eliminate friction. . . This is the readers digest version of how these cavities work and contribute - but it is just a TINY example of the detail that went in to making sure we function.

Anatomy dosen't seem like such a chore when it is a form of worship.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The good, the bad, the deported.

All You Need is Love - and Air Conditioning.

BALI BALI BALI . . . and stuff