Finally!

Ok! I finally have a few minutes to sit down and write, or type.

I am done my first semester of school, I can't believe how fast it has gone by. I have exceeded my own expectations for myself and I am quite proud of the fact that I have been able to pull of an above ninety average. It may not seem like a big deal but I didn't do very well in high school, granted I didn't try very hard, and since starting school in January I have made that my priority over work, social life and sleep and it has more than payed off. I am taking pre-health right now which is a prerequisite for the McMaster nursing program so I should find out in the next few weeks whether or not I have been accepted, so fingers crossed!

School has only brought me closer to God, learning about the human body has brought about an awe that I have never felt before. It is obvious to see God in creation, it is right there in front of us. But I found God in the glomerulus apparatus and the jejunum as well. I am truly amazed at how intricate our bodies are and how if the slightest thing goes wrong it can throw your whole system out of whack, which is a good metaphor for the church ( I am pretty sure God mentions that in the bible..something about the church being a body? :) )

Other than school not much has been going on, I work a few shifts here and there and then mostly church things. I have mentioned before how GREAT my church is and I will probably mention it a hundred times more. I have recently joined a "living room" (our church's version of small group) it is a great group of people, all of whom I would consider good friends. It is a great to be a apart of a community of people that I TRUST, trust is a BIG deal for me. When I am in church I just feel such peace. Not about anything specific really, just peace.

Now more than ever God has made clear to me that he has great things planned for my life, things that I don't yet know but I know that in the future God is going to bring me to a place where HE wants me to be. Until recently I had been really hesitant to know what that was, I was scared because I was comfortable about where I was, who my friends where , who I was giving my heart to and decisions that I made for myself. Once those "blinders" are removed its amazing the clarity that God can bring amongst a murky outlook.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The good, the bad, the deported.

All You Need is Love - and Air Conditioning.

BALI BALI BALI . . . and stuff