Perspective

Since my last - a little over dramatic - post. I have been thrown into a world of reality, making me grateful for what I have, because - comparatively, life is good. 

I was in the waiting room at the Juravinski Cancer center with a client from work, when I ran into someone who I knew. We said hi and chatted.

Then I realized where we were sitting....

I fucking hate cancer (strong word I know but that's how much I hate it) I have seen too many people of all ages that I know succumb to this disease. I have seen too many people I know lose people they love because of it. It just sucks, and everytime you hear of someone else you know being diagnosed it is like a punch in the stomach.

I have also seen people I know fight - and become strong individuals because of the disease. Yes, I have witnessed cancer destroying bodies, but I have also seen the strengthening of souls.

Also,

A woman who I go to church with just found out that the rare disease her only child has - is fatal. But in this diagnosis has found God.

And through it all

All this shit that happens in the world...

God is good

God is good

God is good

I have been repeating that to myself, because while praying I just feel overwhelmed latlely by the people I am praying for. Life is a heavy load, but I am reminded

God is good - always.

Then there is the positive, the miracles. Where again God is good.

People walking away from car accidents where the physics says they should be dead.

Premature babies beating the odds and growing stronger and stronger every day.

Remission

God is good. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The good, the bad, the deported.

All You Need is Love - and Air Conditioning.

BALI BALI BALI . . . and stuff