well...I survived another decade!

I can't believe it is 2010 I am still afraid of Y2K! So much has happened in the last decade, it is almost overwhelming.
10 years ago I was 12...TWELVE!!! That feels like a lifetime ago its funny to remember back to what I thought I was going to be at 22...when I was 12, and how far from that I really am. Not that I am unhappy with where I am in my life, I mean there could be a few changes..but is anyone ever COMPLETELY happy with the situation they are in?

Onto other things, China is OUT Indonesia is IN. I have been in contact with David and Ani who own a Christian school in Indonesia and I feel really happy about how things are going with that. China was becoming more and more stressful I wasn't ever getting answers it was taking my contact DAYS sometimes up to two weeks to get in contact with me and it was so frustrating. Since expressing my interest with David and Ani they have emailed me COUNTLESS times and I have already had a phone interview with Ani and I feel like it went REALLY well. Also I will know someone already in Indonesia which makes arriving there alot easier then going somewhere where I know no one. Now its just a matter of patience and paper work.. I will feel 100% more confident about this once I have that plane ticket in my hand.

On Monday I attended the funeral of Murray Pipe. Murray was an exceptional man who had such a kinda heart and such a gentle soul. On January 1, 2009 his wife Mary passed away after losing her battle with cancer. The thing with Murray and Mary Pipe was you couldn't have one without the other. They were so in love and that was evident to everyone who knew them...they were in love with each other, their daughters their son-in law(s) and their grand kids and they were so in Love with our saviour and you could sense all the love in EVERYTHING they did.
I had the privilege of spending two summers at MBC while they ran the marina. Mary always made sure to ask me how I was doing and if I needed anything to let her know, she definitely kept me in line as well :) If you attended Westhighland...even once you knew who Murray and Mary where they were such a big presence in the church without trying to be.
Murray passed away on January 6, 2010 he had health issues but I truly believe he couldn't be far from his Mary for too long. I mourn the loss of him here on earth but I know that he is rejoicing in heaven. And I can't wait to attend Murray and Mary's new comer class when I get there :)

Well that's all I have the energy to type today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The good, the bad, the deported.

All You Need is Love - and Air Conditioning.

BALI BALI BALI . . . and stuff