What if I have to go to a Chinese Dentist?!?!?!

My anxiety and excitement are growing more and more every day that I get closer to February and my departure. My dad mentioned to me in passing the other day "It's weird to think that in a couple months you aren't going to be here." Until that moment I think I had imagined myself being in China, but everything being exactly the same. ...weird how your mind works sometimes.
I am excited for the new adventure and I have been blessed with the ability to be thrown into anything and take it and make the best of it. But in past "adventures" I have been surrounded by people that I already know and have relationships with and we went through the experience together and through that experience we would create a unique bond. In saying that two things scare me: I am heading into Asia not knowing a SINGLE person...OK not true, Josh curnew a friend from high school is also in china but is around 7 hours away from where I will be located...so really? Not helpful.
The second thing is: When I come home I will have changed a lot (I'm assuming) and everyone here will have been doing their same routine...I will have gone through all these crazy experiences and not have anyone to share with who will relate to those times.
The anticipation that I am feeling to this year...is the same anxiety I get before I go to the dentist...I HATE going to the dentist and the anxiety before the appointment is usually a lot worse than the actual experience. I think that's how I am feeling about China, I keep playing the worse case scenario's in my head. For example; I am going to miss a connecting flight, or end up in the wrong airport, the people who are supposed to meet me at the airport are going to forget I am coming and I am not going to have ANY clue where I am supposed to be, my roommate is going to not speak English...or not be nice....or both! Lots of stupid trivial concerns which I'm sure are going to be perfectly fine when I get there.
There are things I am looking forward to (obviously). I am looking forward to teaching kids, kids are awesome and my maturity level is pretty much at par, I am looking forward to a totally different routine, I am looking forward to meeting new and crazy people, I am looking forward to seeing things that no one I know has seen...so there are a lot of good things I am waiting for as well.
I am going to find a lot of comfort in knowing that I have a GREAT support system of family and friends back at home and in the grand scheme of things if anything does go wrong I am only a 12 hour plane ride away...sigh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The good, the bad, the deported.

All You Need is Love - and Air Conditioning.

BALI BALI BALI . . . and stuff