Car accidents, birthdays, swine flu and china.

I have been reminded numerous times in the last little while about how fast life can change in my life and in the lives of people around me, and it scares me...alot.

I was on my way to see Dan and Michelle (friends of mine) get married, it was a gorgeous day and I had FINALLY started feeling better after a week of feeling like absolute dirt. I was turning onto Orkney road (which is two seconds away from my house) when I hit gravel and it threw my car into a ditch and I then hit a slab of cement my whole front end of my car ended up in my lap. It happened SO fast but I remember thinking a million things before hitting the concrete had one of those life flash before your eyes moments. I was lucky and only walked away with small bruises and cuts... my car was a write off but thankfully my insurance company was "generous" in my claim. This all happened three days before my birthday...
I am happy to have walked away alive I am super bummed out about my car it was my first car and I have had some pretty awesome times in my little sunfire...we had a very love hate relationship but it was just a car...life goes on.

The week that followed the accident just sucked, the following day was my family get together for my birthday and thanksgiving (which is my favorite holiday.) Most of my family was great about the accident and didn't harass me too much about it since it had happened the day before, my uncle on the other hand was a bit ignorant to feelings and situations...needless to say I put him in his place. (SHOCKING I know...I NEVER speak my mind). My chest had been bugging me all day Sunday and I just accounted it to the accident on Monday it felt a little worse and again I just assumed it was the accident. On Tuesday (my birthday) I woke up with the worst cold I have EVER had it was brutal. Anyways I'm going to stop whining now.

ONTO OTHER THINGS

I have decided to hold off on China just till January, they will be sending me contracts this week and hopefully sooner than later I will have an offical date of leave. I have been getting more and more anxious about this whole situation the closer it gets to January. I am going to be leaving EVERYTHING I know which is terrifying. On the other hand I know that if I don't go I will regret it. We'll see what happens.

I wanted to write alot more but I'm tired and have to go get my hair cut! I will try to update more often.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The good, the bad, the deported.

All You Need is Love - and Air Conditioning.

BALI BALI BALI . . . and stuff